Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The End is near.......READY or NOT


The End is Near….Are you Ready?
The end of summer has me thinking of ends in general
Endings can be tough….I have experienced many endings in my life…some good and some painful…
The end of life
The end of childhood
The end of relationships
The end of my own children’s childhood
The end of careers
The end of vacations
The end of school
Some of these endings have proven to be new beginnings for me…some have been neutral and some have knocked me to my knees and have broken my heart
Some of these endings have been a blessing
The end of relationships that I have outgrown…it happens…
The end of jobs that I have felt unfulfilled in
The end of college
The end of financial crisis
Happy Endings….Neutral Endings or Painful Endings…
Why does it have to be one or the other…..
Celebrate the happy…accept the neutral…..embrace and learn from the painful ones
I am a stronger and better person with every ending I have experienced….even if I didin't recognize it immediately
The fact is that every ending if you look at it for what it is….can contain joy, can contain neutrality and can contain pain
It is what you do in the end that matters….unlike the song lyric “in the end it doesn’t really matter”
Well it does to me
I have not always shown dignity and grace in certain “ending situations” I am not perfect
It took a while…but with my latest ending I can step back and see it for what it was….what it is….and experience both the joy and pain of it…and close the door on it
Life is about beginnings and endings…
Face them with love, dignity, self-respect, acceptance and letting go
See them for what they are
A chance for growth, reflection and life experience
Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment