Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Make Excuses or Make it Happen...It is all on YOU


He is Able Who Thinks He is Able-Buddha

So what is the deal with can’t….
I can’t do this and I can’t do that…
Excuses????
I have heard many can’t statements in my life….I have used many cant statements in my life...
Some of the common can’t statements  I have heard
I can’t commit
I can’t forgive
I can’t stop smoking
I can’t lose weight
I can’t find happiness
I can’t be the person you want me to be
I can’t finish my work
I can’t find time for myself
I can’t find purpose and meaning
On and On and On....
So seriously ….my question is what does the word can’t do for a person?
For a long time the word can’t was a defense for me….it protected me from taking any personal responsibility for myself, my life, my dreams, my goals, my health…my relationships
It gave me many excuses to place responsibility on everyone else but myself
Can’t implies the lack of actual ability to physically or mentally do something…
There are things that people are not capable of doing; there are things I am not capable of doing...those are not the things I am talking about..
I am talking about the things you and I say...day after day....things in our control that we can do something about but we WON'T....
We just complain and blame instead
That is not helpful
Do you know what I can’t do

I can’t control people, places, things or situations
But I can control myself
Things important to me can be done...
I might need to modify my expectations, I might need to rearrange, I might need to change plans..... but I have choices to make…I have the responsibility to myself and have nobody else in the world to blame if things don’t work out….but me…
I would rather live life with hope, dreams and potential then waking every morning and filling full of can’ts…
Today the word can’t leaves my vocabulary
Throw it away with me…
Do it, don’t do it, choose it or don’t choose it ….but if it applies to you, your well-being and happiness...... can’t isn’t even an option….
You don’t know unless you give it a go

Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G




No comments:

Post a Comment