Total Pageviews

Friday, December 3, 2010

Work the Glass Cleaner

Mirror on the Wall…Who is the Fairest of Them All….NOT ME
What do you see when you look in the mirror? Who do you see when you look in the mirror? What kind of person are you? How do you describe yourself? The inside and outside self.
For a long time I would look in the mirror and I would see someone that wasn’t good enough, skinny enough, pretty enough, smart enough.
The vision of not being good enough has been in my mirror for way to long. That vision has placed me in positions of pain and regret. It has caused me to sink in the midst of others. To refuse to accept my personal worth on an intellectual, emotional and spiritual level. I have let it position me in places of invisibility. 
There have been many times in my life in which I refused to even look in the mirror. It may have been because of fear of seeing the real me…the real situation. It may have been because of seeing the powerful me and knowing I needed to change…it may have been out of regret…
The reasons of those mirror visions will be unpacked at a later date but for now I am done looking in the mirror seeing the hurt, unworthy, not good enough kid.
I have spent too much time not seeing who I really am….I am done avoiding my reflection. I am ready to see myself as I am, as I should be, as I was and as I hope to be…..
I purchased a giant bottle of glass cleaner at Costco and I have been spraying and scrubbing my mirror and this is what I see…
I see the hurt child but I also see that child that has grown up into an outstanding adult. I see a woman who cares about others. A woman who is loyal and loving. I see a woman who accepts others unconditionally. I see and accept imperfections. I see fun.  I see beauty. I see intelligence. I see spunk and passion. I see fear. I see love. I see the crows feet, I see the wrinkles, I see the smile lines, and I see me…I finally really see me.
I can now look in the mirror without looking away. I can stare into that thing and understand the power and beauty of me. I still need the glass cleaner from time to time but not as much as I use to…the vision is clearer…
After all…
Mirror Mirror on the Wall…who gave you the right to decide who the fairest of them all is…
Who gives you the right to dictate to me what is fair and good? Not me…I am in charge of deciding who is the fairest of them all…not you…
Fair to me is looking in the mirror and having complete acceptance of where I am today. Crows feet, smile lines, squishy stomach and all…
I am exactly as I should be. I am not perfect physically, emotionally or spiritually but I don’t want to be…I am fair in all areas of my life….as I continue to grow and learn…
Mirror Mirror on the Wall…who is the fairest of them all…I AM I AM…and so are YOU

1 comment: