Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 6, 2012

"Blind but now I see..."


 
The end of this week seemed to be settling down….feeling back to my normal, optimistic and happy self…
Then my sweet little 11 year old son broke my window…
For the love of Jesus…no really..... I said that out-loud!!!
After a week of dealing with a colleagues unexpected death.....a $300 dollar wheel replacement...an ending of a friendship....and.....a cold…I was like…ENOUGH!!!
I actually got a little teary eyed and called one of my best friends...
I assured her I was going over the edge…she assured me I wasn’t…
I told her I couldn’t take one more thing…she told me I could…
I want to share with you what she said…
“Don’t be depressed....it is just one more thing.....but everyone is healthy and happy and people love you....what more could you want?"
Around that same time I picked up my daughter and her friend from the store…
My daughter’s friend came out carrying flowers for me; a bag of Doritos for me (my favorite) and lots of frosting for a cake they were going to bake…for us…
Around that same time I saw a homeless women sitting on the ground digging in her bag…maybe for food…
Around that same time....my sweet little 11-year old son threw his arms around me and said he was really sorry he broke the window…I knew he was..
Around that time…my eyes opened
I saw what was important, what was real, what I had in my life…
Around that time I felt like I could drive around the rest of my life with that broken old window...
Realizing what I had....
Open your eyes with me….see what is really important
It is all as it should be…Today

Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G.

No comments:

Post a Comment