Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Open the Damn Door


Locked Out
I got home tonight and discovered I was locked out.
My garage door was broken and all the doors to the house were locked….
You might ask…where is the key…well I had every key except the one to the screen door…the one that needed to be opened.
As I stood in the cold and wondered what to do…
A sense of calm came over me…
This was no big deal....it would all get worked out somehow…I would eventually get back into my house..the place I belonged...
What occurred to me when I was standing in the cold; locked out…was the many times I have been locked out in my life….
Locked out of the life that I wanted...
As if I was an observer not a participant in my life…I could see what I wanted...but I was so far away...out in the cold...
In the past when I was locked out of life I would fight…cry…get angry…be disappointed…be envious….blame others…
This never got me any closer to the “inside”.....where I wanted to be….
I finally got tired of being locked out of a life that I wanted...
I realized.... 
I was the only one on this planet that had the key to get in and that I was wasting my energy on blaming others…banging at the door…being angry…sad…disappointed…
I had the key to get myself to where I wanted to be…I just needed to use it...
It has been a journey but I think that I am ¾ of the way in…
A few things left to unlock and figure out but I am safe and comfortable and happy ….in the place I always dreamed of but could never get...
If you are banging on the door…locked out from the life you want or the person you want to be….
Stop…take a breath…cry if you need…be angry for a second if you need….then let it all go…make a plan..dig deep into your pocket…I know for a fact you have the key

Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G.

No comments:

Post a Comment