Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Have to do.....


My To Do List this Week:
How many times have you complained about having to do a bunch of tedious…seemingly unimportant things for the week…as I enter this week I have thought of all the things I have to do…
Have To:
Clean the house
Do the Laundry

Finish some articles
Commute to Seattle
Teach
Entertain my Kids on Summer Break
Grade Papers

And so much more…………………UGH
Wait a second…..on second thought…I am able to…..I actually get to….
Get To:

I get to clean a house; a house that keeps me safe and warm
I get to do laundry….in the convenience of my house….and wash nice clothes
I get to actually finish some articles that I am going to submit to be published in a professional journal that somebody might read and learn from
I get to drive my car to Seattle….a car that is paid for and safe and gets me from place to place
I get to teach and help people understand how to be effective and sensitive counselors….I get to have maybe a small influence on how my students might view the field of counseling and their clients
I get to spend fun time with my healthy kids, hanging out, visiting, talking and loving them
I get to read papers that students took the time to write and entrust me with…what an honor
I get to do so much more this week….things I don’t even realize yet….how exciting
HOW AWESOME is it that I get to do so many things this week and that I am able and willing to do these things…
Can you change your Have To list to a Get To list???
Be a person who lives with a "I get to do things attitude"…………not a "have to attitude"….makes things much more joyful!!!
Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary Amanda Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment