Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Why Freaking Why???????????????

Are you spending too much time wondering Why?

I have wasted a lot of time wondering Why at different periods in my life.

Why did I get the short end of the stick in childhood?
Why did I have more struggles and barriers growing up than others?
Why was I given a childhood of poverty and disarray?
Why did someone I loved with all my heart....the "one" not love me back?
Why did my father die when I was young?
Why did my brother get killed when he was young?
Why is the world the way it is…why why why why why….

Are you noting a theme...always asking why bad things happen...looking to make sense of it...

I don't ask myself
Why I have two beautiful children..
Why I am loved by many friends and family
Why I have a rocking career
Why I have wonderful adventures
Why I am so blessed to travel the world

So much easier to take for granted the good and drive ourselves crazy over the bad...
Focusing on the Why Why Why when bad stuff happens

There are no good reasons why some things happen…..good or bad

Things happen in life…... Good things happen and bad things happen…

Sometimes good people are hurt and bad people seem to be rewarded….

I realized there will never be a good answer, an answer that satisfies me to some of these painful experiences..

Now acceptance is finally my answer

Someone in my life recently said to me “Acceptance doesn’t mean approval. You can accept a situation as being what it is and that doesn’t mean that you are happy about it or you have to agree with it”

When I heard this quote…the earth shook and time stood still……..REALLY…I can accept something as being what it is and not have to like it or approve of it..

What I have come up with for me is simple

I  try and accept good and bad…I may not like the bad but I can accept it if I have no control over it…

The things I can change for the better I will and the things I can’t change that I don’t have control over I can accept and let go…

Change what you can…accept what is…stop driving yourself crazy asking Why

Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G



No comments:

Post a Comment