Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Being Human: A Given or A Choice???


Being human
I am not talking about being human by morning and vampire by night or the Being Human TV series that I must say is the most ridiculous show I have ever seen…

I am not talking about being human in the biological sense

I am talking about being in human in the behavioral sense
I am growing weary of those who don’t understand this concept

People who think they are perfect

The strive and desire to be perfect robs people of their humanness

Often “Perfect” People are

People who are so in love with themselves they don’t notice anyone around them

People who think they are so important in their jobs that nobody else’s work matters

People who never apologize

People who don’t admit they are weak

People who are afraid to be real

People who have no compassion for others

I am pretty lucky if a day goes by without my humanness and imperfections showing up

I do the best I can each day given the situation I am dealing with…
Some those days my humanness and imperfections are  screaming out to be noticed…
Many of those days I make mistakes, I mess up, I need help, I am inadequate, I lack knowledge, I am weak, I get to say “I am sorry” multiple times and I get lost (physically and metaphorically)

Those days happen
But at the end of those days I remember how beautiful it is to have the ability to be human.
 
To learn from my mistakes, to self-reflect, to correct my wrongs, to learn to do things better, to strive to help others, to help myself, to love, to mess up, to laugh, to learn, to cry, to celebrate, to share and to be around those who love and support  me just the way I am

Being perfect isn’t being human….being perfect is a sad illusion and a robber of real life experiences and relationships

Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G

No comments:

Post a Comment