Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Purpose of My Life: A New Gucci Bag


I haven’t blogged much since returning from Africa. I do apologize. It has been a tough adjustment.
Over the past few weeks I have faced some big decisions.  They have been difficult and have caused disappointment.

I recently said to someone “I want to make the right decision” and the response was “there is no right decision in many cases in life”…..

So true….

Having gone through this decision making process has caused me to do some big analyzing of my life….
What’s its purpose?

I am not sure yet…

But I do know what it is not...
It is not enough to go to work every day doing the same thing with the same people and being totally disengaged from what is happening in the world

It is not a life full of plastic and North Face (no offense just a metaphor)
It is not spending time with people that are clueless about real world issues

It is not listening to the constant complaints of people who have first world problems are selfish, narcissistic and privileged

It is not shallow
It is not conforming to what others think I should be doing

It is not focusing on career and money
What is the purpose of your life…?

It doesn’t matter if you don’t know…I am not 100% sure myself…

What matters is that we are thinking about it….
What matters is that we are not losing sight of what and who is important in life

What matters is that we remember life passes in a whisper
What matters is that we DO have a purpose and 2014 is when we will discover  and honor that purpose in our lives

Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G.

No comments:

Post a Comment