Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Oh Poor Me....Look What I Sacrificed....


Sacrifice

What does that mean?

To me it means many things…

In no way do I mean sacrificing happiness, dignity, respect….

I don’t mean sacrifice and then complain about it…..that is being a martyr and really counterproductive…and tiresome

I am thinking about the sacrifice that happens out of love

Things we do…willingly….to make the lives of those we love easier... better, more full of joy…

We all sacrifice, rearrange, accommodate…..

Sometimes when people think of sacrifice they think of “going without”….

The thought of sacrifice sometimes makes people greedy and selfish…angry

Lately I have been thinking about the gains that are made in sacrifice….the gains I make...

I know we all have someone(s) in our lives that we would gladly sacrifice for….

I have several…

My kids, my mom, the man I love, my friends

Those people are easy to sacrifice things for…why…..because of love...If I have something they need (emotional or physical)  and it will make their lives brighter....then so be it..….makes me feel happy to “go without”
I don't even think about it...it doesn't feel like I am "going without"

But how about the sacrifice for others we don’t know; others we don’t love….strangers..

How does that work…

For me it works if I take time to think about the needs of others every single day….

To observe what is going on in my community…..what is around me…

To get out of my own head….out of my own stuff….focus on others…

There is nothing material in this world that cannot be replaced or that we can’t live without….

Take a second and try the whole sacrificing for others thing….you might find it highly rewarding…

What harm will it do to think of the needs of others…

Maybe starting tomorrow….”go without” something so someone might feel comfort…and love….

To me giving quietly and unconditionally feeds my soul….so really I reap the rewards...

Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G

 

No comments:

Post a Comment