Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rising from the midst...Is that my God?


From the midst…

I was blessed to be led through a guided meditation this weekend; my first …a part of it ....the visualization of midst… I want to share some of what arose from the midst for me this weekend..
From the midst came…….
Prayer and meditation in a way that fits me and my spiritual side...
An individual understanding of God...the way I see...the way that makes sense to me...
The self knowledge of what a spiritual life is internally and externally for me
A sense of immense gratitude for fellowship, life, new and old friends, experiences and opportunities, sunshine, pie, good food, being a witness to healthy relationships, my children, fun, awareness, laughter, shared experience, love....
An understanding that adversity and struggle is inevitable in my life and I am not alone
I am not alone even in the absences of all other human beings
It is time for me to move on and allow……
Time for me to breath and listen
Time for me to look upon myself as I look upon others, love myself as I love others, forgive myself as I forgive others
Time for me to stop fighting
That everyday things can be special
My God is in many moments in my everyday  life......the gift to stop and witness it...
Awareness that I don’t have to have any of the answers.....WHEW
Some of my deeper experiences and thoughts will be kept close to my heart and will continue to be internally processed in the upcoming weeks....
What usually happens with me is when I have any experiences that are moving.....I light on fire and go full force into the “new” me....

I heard someone say this weekend that "fire always burns out"
I am looking toward this time as different...This time is different...continual growth...sustainability...
I come out of this with a sense of calmness, slowness and serenity....no urgency
I feel in my heart it is time to listen and be led...to love love love
I know that I don’t have to lock myself away for a weekend (with really good pie) to stay in this place…
What I will do is take time to breath, to slow down, to listen, to embrace my God moments, to be, to love and to be thankful and grateful and ask for help…
What I know is that you too can do this..in ways that work for you....not my way...but ways personal and meaningful to you
Ask for guidance and give thanks….breath and listen…and love
Let’s create a spiritual life (whatever that means to you)

A wise man said....A spiritual life is not a theory...it is actually a way to live

Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G

No comments:

Post a Comment