Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out with the old...wait not all of it...

What a relief to be rid of 2010....well maybe not all of it... I am not much for new year’s resolutions. I believe that if change needs to occur it can and should occur at anytime.... I am however glad to be rid of a lot of what happened in 2010. I am not sure how your year was but mine was full of extreme lows and extreme highs. I found and lost myself during this past year….let me review:
Marriage…. I ended a nineteen year relationship that was full of toxins and that I allowed to dim my light...dim my spirit...
I am taking my light back this year…not just a flicker. Full blown fire is about to erupt with me and I refuse to give it up again.
Grief…. I cried more in the 365 days of 2010 then I have in my entire 41 years. What I discovered….I had a lot to cry about and I don’t regret spending 2010 mourning. Mourning over the loss of self, relationships, bad choices, being lost, confused and crazy….cried over it all…over and over again. What I learned about myself is...I am not comfortable with grieving (or I wasn't) I wanted to rush through things…make it okay for myself..move on to fast…2010 taught me to experience pain, sit in it, not rush it....do what I need to do and then let it go…I realize I will grieve again but when that happens in 2011 I won’t fight it…it will be what it is and I know how to deal with it now…
Love…I finally learned to like myself for who I am…lots of self discovery happened it 2010 and I can tell you that I can now look in the mirror and like who I see looking back at me…from the inside and out……it was a painful process of self evaluation…
2011 is going to bring me lots more self care and self love because I deserve it…
Acceptance….what more can I say…I fought acceptance for most of my life…not anymore…I accept myself, I accept my situation, my friends and my family…..no expectations…
Independence…scared me some in 2010 but then I woke up and discovered it totally rocks….I am independent, capable and can’t wait to tackle what 2011 brings me…
I have so much optimism going into this year…joy and hope…realism….Life is what I make it…I am done fighting what comes my way, blaming myself...blaming others...and feeling sorry…I am in charge...I am the driver of my life...
I am committing to loving myself this year, forgiving myself, taking what was good from 2010 and leaving the rest behind…..no regrets...
What can you pull out of last year that was good…what did you learn from last year about yourself, relationships with others, your wants and your desires...…take it…build on it…leave the rest behind…don’t let the bad that happened last year infect your new year…Opportunity is here…don’t waste it...
Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G.

1 comment: