Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Life is Good...Eeyore



Everything is “perfect” so why…….
Things in my life are the best they have ever been. I have two wonderful children, I am healthy and active. I have wonderful, supportive friends. I am in a relationship with a wonderful person; the type of relationship I didn’t know was possible. My career is going very well. I love my friends and I am getting  better at loving myself….so why have I been feeling blah the last few days…why am I feeling like Eeyore?
 Life continues to move forward…changing...developing..
Parenting and parental decision making is a process….maintaining a healthy and active life style takes hard work. Having healthy relationships means engaging in and maintaining those relationships……Keeping a career going.... takes energy….nothing comes easy and I don't think it should come "easy"...but... whatever we are engaged in should bring peace and contentment...
Things operating well in my life does not automatically bring me fulfillment.... examining where I am putting my time and energy and how that fits my sense of self...becoming grounded in what is important to me....that equals peace, contentment and fulfillment...
What I will be doing is prioritizing…rediscovering what has meaning for me and focusing on that...those things...those people...
As I make changes in these areas of my life I am also acknowledging how grateful I am to have everything running smoothly….I am HAPPY things are good.....  I realize things can be better….evolving…developing and changing…
I am going to re-evaluate all areas of my life in the upcoming months….I am going to reprioritize and eliminate things in my life that are distracting…take the simple approach…
Take a simple approach to life with me...…what are your priorities…are you feeling grounded, peaceful and content…if you feel like Eeyore...take a breath...slow down...look and listen...examine the areas of your life…even if they are running smooth it doesn’t mean that what you are doing is working for you…
Repriotize…re-evaluate…recreate…the time is now..come along...
Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G

2 comments:

  1. I am on a similar path, I am actually reading my first self-help book and I LOVE this book:

    It focuses on you and life balance.

    the slight Edge: Getting for Average to Advantage by Leo Weidner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get Eeyore, but have been a little Piglet myself lately. Re-prioritizing and self actualizing are sometimes difficult. For me to look in the mirror does not come without a price. I usually find something that I need to address. Uugh! What is key for me, however, is my willingness to let go of what holds me back and face my greatest fear, the unknown. Change for me is always about acceptance. Accepting the things I cannot change, and having a willingness and courage to change the things I can, and finally humility to look outside myself for the answers to those differences. In essence, as I have shared with a close dear friend and partner, I must surrender to win. Surrender has never come easy to me, but as I learn to let go of what keeps me from real peace and serenity, I find my problems are of my own making... imagine that! Simply put, for me to grow and flourish, I must get grass roots honest with myself, others and God... When I do, things usually aren't ever as bad as they seem and the good things in my life were revealed as always having been there! Surrender to win...

    ReplyDelete