Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Blade of Grass on my Finger


I heard someone recently say  “we can’t get married until he has enough money to buy me a big diamond ring”

That is not what love is to me...

Love in Mary's humble opinion…..
The man I love can put a blade of grass around my finger and I will see a big diamond ring

Love is not a tangible thing
Love is not a status update about dating a big shot doctor or lawyer

Love isn’t about plastics, material gifts, big houses, fancy cars or titles

Love is being the best people you can be for each other

Love is about talking and listening

Love is not hurting someone intentionally

Love is taking responsibility

Love is saying you are sorry and meaning it…understanding and changing

Love is about accepting the apology and forgiving

Love is about flexibility, change and support

Love is seeing through the imperfections

Love is being present and supportive in the hard times and celebrating in the good times

Love is spiritual and intimate and takes time

Love is NOT a price tag

Love is not the size of the diamond ring

Keeping it Real with Dr. Mary G

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! I couldn't agree more! Being truly in love with someone, flaws and all, and loving their character (not their wallet or what they can do for you) is the most wonderful thing ever!

    ReplyDelete